The thing I love the most about front-end: I get to learn new ways of doing things all the time! That's how I learned Functional Programming and, more recently with the discovery of Cyclejs, Reactive Programming. It has completely changed the way I think about UI and, I believe, made me a better developer.
- 30 years old
Since April 2018
- Gave a few talks to evangelize Cycle and Reactive Programming in conferences (dotJS, Devoxx France, CycleConf)
- Answered questions asked on our Gitter and StackOverflow https://gitter.im/cyclejs/cyclejs
- Pushed code to the main repo
- Contributed to API design discussions
to March 2018
- In 2013, I rewrote the resume editor from scratch, replacing jQuery with Angular.
This allowed us to iterate faster on the different evolutions of our editor and to regain traction.
- In 2017, we discovered we should focus on the PDF version of the resume.
Our front-end needed some deep changes, this was the time to transition from Angular to something else.
I led this iterative migration that slowly replaced Angular with Cycle.
to March 2018
- Ensured the quality of our codebase through code review, peer programming and formation of new developers
- Took care of the sanity of our GIT repository
- Often tweaked our Dockerfile and installation processes
DoYouBuzz is an app that helps you create a web, pdf and mobile format resume in just a couple of minutes. No need to be a computer geek!
IUT de Nantes
to November 2017
- I was in charge of 2 modules at the Université de Nantes :
In the second module, I teach them how to use the DOM API. Once they are familiar with it, I show them how a library (React) can simplify their life.
Their final assignment is to develop an interface for an HTTP API I developed (a twitter-like hosted on now.sh )
- I love how teaching to others helps me getting better at what I do and this experience was very rich in learning.
Since September 2016
- Designed the automated task that builds the website (based on Jekyll). It fetches the data for our 700+ movies from the TMDB API.
- Add a caching mechanism to avoid fetching all the movies at each build.
L'Absurde Séance proposes a filmic communion, a filmed orgy for all the spectators who are thirsty for thrills, fat laughter, shock emotions and sometimes doubtful taste. And seeing an audience let loose in an art and experimental cinema is like doing a rave at Sunday Mass!
We are a French non-profit association that loves to show people great movies that can't be seen at the cinema otherwise! We do that in the beautiful city of Nantes (France), during regular screening every two week and special events.
to December 2012
- Added a "view-source" module inside Gaia, in order to demonstrate that any FirefoxOS app is only HTML, CSS and JS
- Optimized home screen fluidity
to June 2012
- I designed a system that allows clients to generate websites from their community's data. I developed the REST API and the front end for the website generator.